While returning from a retreat with other men turning, or just turned 50, I learned that a fraternity brother had just passed away. Notably, it was just about a week after he, himself, turned 50! As you might imagine, I felt both stunned and saddened.
While sitting in the Miami Airport I reflected on this and the need to be more deliberate in my own personal growth and desires. I grabbed my Ipad and started listing some of the things I felt I still needed to focus on. Things still unfinished in my this very much in-process life!
I thought I'd share my list of 10 Things Unfinished at 50.
1. Trust God fully and lean into His Story for my life without abandon.
2. Quickly detect and release all fear... Especially performance
3. Say "Yes" to more Adventures...especially those taking me into nature and/or out of my comfort zone
4. Create a retreat place and retreats for leaders to find healing and learn how to live into their true stories... at an amazing mountain setting.
5. Be more intentional and say "yes" to connect deeply with Mindy, and friends and family for extended times with agenda that includes 1.fun 2. Connection and 3. Meaningful personal growth
6. Live free of whining and complaining. Don't tolerate it!
7. Create safe space for others to proactively explore "Who they really are," Why they're here" and "What they can uniquely do" through blogging, books, videos, podcasts, retreats, coaching..
8. Be rich in time and presence...available..not too busy
9. Take many long walks and hikes.... with the dogs and with people.
10. Eat to be healthy for a lifetime.
I will likely expand the list... but certainly some things to work on for sureWhile returning from a retreat with other men turning, or just turned 50, I learned that a fraternity brother had just passed away. Notably, it was just about a week after he, himself, turned 50! As you might imagine, I felt both stunned and saddened.
I will likely expand the list... but certainly some things to work on for sure!
Are You Ready to Experience Your Purpose@Work? Complimentary Book!
HomeConvergence Consultation (Free!)Books by Jeff CaliguireAboutContact Us
DISCOVER RECENT POPULAR BLOG POSTS!EXPLORE
Calling & CareerPersonal GrowthPurposeful LeadershipProductivityPlatform
CONNECT WITH US
COPYRIGHT 2017 BY CONVERGENCE POINT INC. - POWERED BY HEROIK