Look around you.
Only about one in eight workers are psychologically committed to their jobs
Only about one in eight are likely to be making positive contributions to their organizations.
Only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged at work, according to Gallup's new 142-country study on the State of the Global Workplace,
80% of the people around you don't enjoy their work.
Why would you be different from them?
Does that just seem hopeless? Just settle for doing work that drains you, drags you down or even disgusts you. Why change now?
Yes, there's no utopia where EVERY day is easy, natural and smooth sailing. Yes, there's a risk to changing when you have something that "pays the bills." And yes, there's a place for gratitude for daily bread. Totally!
BUT here's reality: Many actually do work they love and feel called , or even crazy about what they do!
"Living the dream right here. I am outdoors everyday, I get to interact with wildlife all the time, and if I get tired of a location and can move and work anywhere within a one hundred mile radius. The paycheck is the bonus, because I'd being doing it for free otherwise." Nick FuryMy mom loves her job. she actually goes on her days off and works with the customers when they ask for her. She works for davids bridal as an alterations manager. And you know retail hours are crazy, but she wakes up and gets ready early and everything
My mom loves her job. she actually goes on her days off and works with the customers when they ask for her. She works for davids bridal as an alterations manager. And you know retail hours are crazy, but she wakes up and gets ready early and everything
1. Most people are in the wrong roles. Why not find the right role?
After almost a decade of research, Tempe, Ariz, based “purpose” firm Ignite reports that more than 95% of workers in the U.S. are in the wrong roles.
2. Most people are AFRAID to change their jobs even though they should! Why not let go of fear?
In another study by the company, 1,916 randomly selected employees between the ages of 23 and 28 were asked if they were interested in changing jobs, and 1,571 said yes. a
That's 82 percent of people!
The norm in our land... "That's just the way it is. At least you have a job."
What could possibly make YOU, of all people, different?
Answer TRUE or FALSE to these 5 key questions.
1. I would rather work hard doing something I love than coast doing something I "settle for" TRUE.... FALSE2. I am willing to find/discover the place of intersection between three key factors that make all the difference in a job I can love. TRUE.... FALSE
2. I am willing to find/discover the place of intersection between three key factors that make all the difference in a job I can love. TRUE.... FALSE
2. Passion/Curiosity: Being great at what I do because I care so deeply about making a difference in and through what I do. Constantly curious.
5. I am in a season where I can invest some time, energy and money to explore and find what really fits. TRUE.... FALSE If you answered TRUE to 3 or 4 or 5 of these, might this show YOU that YOU should explore finding a job you can love??
This may be your time to lead the way out!
PS. Do you have a job you love? Comment below and tell us how you found it!
Are You Ready to Experience Your Purpose@Work? Complimentary Book!
HomeConvergence Consultation (Free!)Books by Jeff CaliguireAboutContact Us
DISCOVER RECENT POPULAR BLOG POSTS!EXPLORE
Calling & CareerPersonal GrowthPurposeful LeadershipProductivityPlatform
CONNECT WITH US
COPYRIGHT 2017 BY CONVERGENCE POINT INC. - POWERED BY HEROIK